Master Trainer Certification
May 16‒18, 2023 Virtual Master Training InstituteLearn More
Aug 22‒24, 2023 Virtual Master Training InstituteLearn More
Oct 24‒26, 2023 Virtual Master Training InstituteLearn More
Become a Best Friends–Certified Master Trainer (BF-CMT) to increase your professional standing and improve the dementia care in your organization. You will gain knowledge and tools for teaching your care team about the Best Friends™ approach and its implementation. The Master Trainer program produces a qualified on-site staff member who can provide training, coaching, support, inspiration, and programming advice for every level of staff at that location. A care community with a BF-CMT also receives the designation of Best Friends™ Environment.
Master Training can be received at a virtual or in-person Best Friends Training Institute hosted by Health Professions Press. Your organization also has the option to host a private Master Training event for your own staff.
What you get as a Best Friends Master Trainer:
- Advanced-level training on the Best Friends care model and practices
- Use of the Best Friends™−Certified Master Trainer (BF-CMT) designation and a printed certificate for framing
- Access to the online Best Friends™ Portal, with exclusive training tools and resources to help in Best Friends implementation
- A formal license for your company or care site to use the Best Friends™ name, logo, and other materials
- Best Friends™ Environment designation and a handsome certificate to display at the care setting where the Master Trainer is based
- Discounts on Best Friends products
Prerequisites and Certification Renewals
Anyone familiar with the core tenets of the Best Friends approach and who coaches others can become a BF-CMT. Best Friends Master Trainers serve in many roles in their organizations: memory care directors, nurses, social workers, long-term care administrators, adult day and activity specialists, marketing and outreach professionals, executive directors, and aging consultants.
To enroll in Master Training, a pre-test is required to show that you have the basic knowledge needed on the Best Friends philosophy. This knowledge may come from reading The Best Friends Approach to Dementia Care, working in a Best Friends Environment, or taking an Introductory Training. A score of 80% or higher is required to pass. The online test typically takes 20 minutes to complete.
Master Trainer certification renews once a year. See the FAQs or Master Trainer Guidelines for renewal details.
Master Training Options
Best Friends Master Training Institute
The Best Friends Master Training Institute is hosted by HPP in two formats:
- A 12-hour virtual Zoom program held across 3 days
- A 2-day intensive training held in a hotel or conference venue. Geographic locations change from event to event.
Institute Fee and Logistics: $1,575.00* per person. This fee includes
- processing of the pre-test
- multiple days of instruction by Expert Leaders
- all training materials
- take-away materials
For virtual trainings, all materials are shipped in advance to participants. For in-person trainings, meals are included (breakfast and lunch). Hotel and travel expenses are not included but discounted hotel rates are available.
*Discounted pricing is available to organizations sending 3 or more people or who have sent staff for Master Training at prior Institutes. Inquire with HPP.
Private Best Friends Master Training
If your company has 10 or more Master Trainer candidates, you can arrange for your own 2-day in-person or 3-day virtual training with a Best Friends Expert Leader. In-person trainings are held at a site of the company’s choosing. HPP requests 12 weeks of advance notice to arrange for a private Master Training.
Private Training Fee and Logistics: $12,600, for up to 10 people. $1,260 for each additional person, up to 16 staff. The private event fee covers
- all costs for instruction by the Expert Leader
- training materials provided by HPP
- Best Friends take-away materials
For in-person training, your company provides
- the training space
- meals and/or refreshments for employees, at your discretion
- A/V equipment as requested by the Expert Leader
- the Expert Leader’s travel, meal, and housing costs